from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that stinks.
- n. Slang An irritating, disgusting, or contemptible person.
- n. Slang Something very difficult: The interview was a real stinker.
- n. Slang One that is of poor quality or is shoddy: a new sitcom that was quite a stinker.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who stinks.
- n. A contemptible person.
- n. Something difficult (e.g. a given puzzle) or unpleasant (e.g. negative review, nasty letter).
- n. Something of poor quality.
- n. Any of several species of large Antarctic petrels which feed on blubber and carrion and have an offensive odour, such as the giant fulmar.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, stinks.
- n. Any one of the several species of large antarctic petrels which feed on blubber and carrion and have an offensive odor, as the giant fulmar.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which stinks; a stinkard; a stinkpot.
- n. One of several large petrels, as the giant fulmar, Ossifraga gigantea, which acquire an offensive odor from feeding on blubber or carrion.
- n. Same as stinkhorn.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an artifact (especially an automobile) that is defective or unsatisfactory
- n. a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible
- n. anything that gives off an offensive odor (especially a cheap cigar)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
` ` It's what I describe as a stinker, '' Timberwolves coach Dwane Casey said.
Hardly and anyone who thinks so doesn't know a stinker from a best picture.
Any list of bad sequels that does not list Highlander II as the all-time el-supremo undisputed champ of a stinking stinkeroo of a stinker is not the pixels used to post it.
Clearly, whoever Lady S’s lawyers were are just taking this case to get paid – it’s a stinker from the beginning.
You can’t always count on it, but usually the lack of a press screening means that the movie studio is trying to hide their stinker from the press as long as possible so as not to adversely affect that precious opening weekend.
Well, this little stinker is the reason I’ve fallen down on my blog, of which I’d only managed 8 posts on before he was born.
The last hurdle for this stinker will be the 2010 and 2012 elections.
The stinker is the soup is the cheapest thing on the menu, so if yer hungry but saving cash for beers, this is what you get. sigh.
At the cape of Good Hope is a little beast, called a stinker, as big as a fox, and shaped like a ferret, which being pursued has no way to save itself but by ejecting its wind and excrements, and then such a stench ensues that none of its pursuers can possibly stand it.
The Westover Manuscripts: Containing the History of the Dividing Line Betwixt Virginia and North Carolina; A Journey to the Land of Eden, A. D. 1733; and A Progress to the Mines. Written from 1728 to 1736, and Now First Published
Elizabethtown was immediately identified as a stinker,