from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being legal; lawfulness.
- n. Adherence to or observance of the law.
- n. A requirement enjoined by law. Often used in the plural.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Lawfulness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being legal; conformity to law.
- n. A conformity to, and resting upon, the letter of the law.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being legal; lawfulness; conformity to law.
- n. In theology, a reliance on works for salvation; insistence on the mere letter of the law without regard to its spirit: personified in the quotation.
- n. A gambling game.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. lawfulness by virtue of conformity to a legal statute
Sorry, no etymologies found.
But other disk copying programs still exist on the Web, though their legality is at best dubious.
Such tactics may be permissible under certain interpretations of Canadian criminal and constitutional law, but their legality is disputed by the BCCLA.
(Which, note to the Al Jazeera interviewer yesterday following the hearing, I took great pains to distinguish — I do not question the legality of the program as such, I question which legal rationale for its legality is the rightone).
Its legality is questionable, because most of the material that it hosts archives of are presumably copyrighted by their original creators.
GONZALES: Napier says it makes no sense to allow gay marriages to proceed next week, given the uncertainty over their long-term legality, especially since the appeals court could reverse Judge Walker, says Napier.
It turns out that legality is not the only standard of behavior required in civilized circles.
If the certification by the Department of Justice as to legality is required as a matter of law, and that is not done, and the program goes forward, it's illegal.
The difference in legality translates into a more significant, moral difference when placed against the backdrop of a general moral obligation to follow the law.
Clearly, these companies believe in the future of Internet advertising technology and also believe in the long-term legality of this technology. search engine optimization company in the world by PromotionWorld.
Thankfully, tech hasn't completely closed the door for plating cars of dubious "legality" - but I fear those days are rapidly disappearing.