from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition of being characterized and distinguished by sex.
- n. Concern with or interest in sexual activity.
- n. Sexual character or potency.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. that which is characterized or distinguished by sex
- n. sexual activity
- n. the concern with, or interest in sexual activity
- n. sexual potency
- n. sexual orientation
- n. sexual identity, gender
- n. sexual receptivity
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being distinguished by sex.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of sex; the state of being sexual or sexed or having sex; the distinction between the sexes; sex in the abstract.
- n. Recognition of sexual relations.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the properties that distinguish organisms on the basis of their reproductive roles
I think that while full-on female displays will evoke an easy and instinctual hormone rush -- which, as I said, might be a good complement to a melee brawl -- most intelligent people will agree that some sort of subtlety in sexuality is appealing on more levels simultaneously.
But I did actually write some later scenes between them where her attitude toward his sexuality is addressed more clearly -- too clearly, I decided.
I also think that having these outlets that allow us to experiment and explore our sexuality is a * good* thing.
No were does this group state that her sexuality is the “most important thing she has to offer as a human being.”
I feel strongly that everyone has a right to privacy — your sexuality is your business — but I feel less and less tolerant of a Hollywood where queers naturally gravitate, only to remain closeted in the service ofa career.
No totally wrong, people are neither gay nor straight, this sexuality is a modern invention.
When they don’t stick to the fact that our sexuality is designed for intimacy and potential baby-making between a man and his wife – and when they omit the various truths about extra-marital sex. when they condone homosexuality as a mere “difference” in sexuality and forget to tell how promiscuous and diseased is the lifestyle.
SALLY: You nail it, Claudia, when you write that sexuality is “indivisible from human experience” and thus unavoidable in fiction.
The sexuality is toned down in GB II and even Dana gets a face lift to give her more roles.
One's sexuality is largely one's own affair ( "the rights of others," again) and -- given the lip service paid to "fidelity" in the United States -- land of serial monogamy -- at least no one is pretending.