from The Century Dictionary.
- Far down in the social scale; degraded; mean.
- noun A ravine, or gully, such as is frequented by the sea-elephant of California.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun true confidential information.
- adjective of the most contemptible kind; contemptible; mean; base; vile; -- of people or the actions of people.
- adjective having the soulful feeling of early blues; -- of jazz.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The
storyor truth; the scoopor dirt.
- adjective Unfair; shameful.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective (of jazz) having the soulful feeling of early blues
- adjective of the most contemptible kind
- noun slang terms for inside information
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
When MTV News had the chance to chat with QT recently, we had to get the lowdown from the man himself.
Here's the weekly lowdown from the Liberal Coalition.
Also, check out the General Forum and the Living etc.Forum. an excellent source for the lowdown is www. newbeginningsmexico.com also Karen Blue's book Midlife Maverick's, her articles on the mexconnect site (about 72 of them going back since she arrived 7 years ago).
Here, over at Kevin Drum's site, he gives us the lowdown, which is that, no, she never managed to get the local librarian to actually cooperate cause, you know, most librarians are tough cookies about issues like banning books, if you have ever actually met a librarian but that doesn't mean Sarah Barracuda didn't try.
From her unique, close-to-the floor perspective, Spot provides the "lowdown" on key administration figures.
We putted out of the harbour and got ready to sail, her giving me the "lowdown" on everything I'd need to know for the trip.
For a general review of this sim, without spending too much of your work-time on non-work-time things, head over to that site we all know and love, wikipedia for the 'lowdown' on Orbiter as I believe you Americans call it.
So, he made the mistake of debating Nixon, who pulled every kind of lowdown, dirty, Red Scare kind of tactics on him.
Gross misappropriation of funds, the name and lowdown on Mr. Molotov—thanks to Russ Clark, who’d hidden some pretty comprehensive notes inside the textbook he used to teach his Saturday writing workshops.
Davina asked Govan for the "lowdown" on the housemates as he "likes a good gossip".