from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A gun that fires rapidly and continuously as long as the trigger is held back.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A gun which, by means of a variously contrived mechanism, delivers a continuous fire of projectiles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A fully automatic rapid-firing rifle, which continues to fire bullets repeatedly as long as the trigger is depressed; lighter versions may be carried in the hands, and heavier versions may be mounted on a tripod, vehicle, or other mount. The lighweight versions are sometimes called a
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A type of
firearmthat continuously fires bulletsin rapid succession by a single action of the trigger.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb shoot with a machine gun
- noun a rapidly firing automatic gun (often mounted)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.