from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A magazine: surfing mags.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. magazine, the publication or ammunition
- n. magnet
- n. mag wheel
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Shortened form of magazine, the periodic paperback publication.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To chatter; scold.
- To tease or vex.
- To steal; carry off clandestinely.
- n. The madge or magpie.
- n. The long-tailed titmouse, Acredula rosea, more fully called long-tailed mag.
- n. Talk; chatter.
- n. A halfpenny; in Scotland (with plural), a gratuity expected by servants.
- n. An abbreviated form of magazine, 2.
- n. An abbreviation of magnetism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a periodic publication containing pictures and stories and articles of interest to those who purchase it or subscribe to it
Sorry, no etymologies found.
For example a standard .300 win mag is around 24 inches low at 400 yards if sighted dead in at 200 yds.
For me as stated above for right now a 338 win mag is unnecessary but for somebody who can confidently shoot 400-500 yards it is great.
Ive been looking at getting a long range varminter/practice gun (.300 win mag is a bit much for a beginner to practice with all the time) and it looks like the TIkka Varminter has some competition!. 25-06 sounds good to me, but I have not heard of the 6. 5x284.
Without much drama you can get competent to get good 1st shot hits at 600 with that. 300 win mag is great if you want to go past 800, but at that point you should be looking at stepping up to a big 338, not a win mag, a RUM or some such.
The short mag is no better than the 300 win mag in terms of performance and the short mag ammo costs more.
No argument from me that the .338 Win mag is a superior big game cartridge.
IMO I don't think a 300 win mag is necessary east of the Miss river.
What helps with the .300 win mag is a good upland sweater wtih a shooting patch on the shoulder and confidence in your ability with your rifle.
I knew this mag is a tabloid, and some of the answers are a bit strange, but I really believed that the interview actually took place.
Yes | No | Report from matt wasson wrote 3 weeks 3 days ago ya know Rabbitpolice I seen the shotgun man himslef Phillip B from this mag is a commenter ... pretty cool.