from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cosmetic treatment of the fingernails, including shaping and polishing.
- transitive v. To trim, clean, and polish (the fingernails).
- transitive v. To clip or trim evenly and closely: manicure a hedge.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a cosmetic treatment for the fingernails
- v. to trim the fingernails
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The care of the hands and nails, especially a thorough cosmetic treatment of the hands, especially the trimming and polishing of the fingernails, and removing of cuticles, performed by a manicurist.
- n. A person who makes a business of taking care of people's hands, especially their nails; -- an older term for a manicurist.
- v. To care for (the hands and nails); to care for the hands and nails of; to do manicure work.
- v. to trim carefully and meticulously.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To care for (the hands and nails).
- To perform the work of a manicure.
- n. The surgical care of the hands and nails.
- n. One who makes a business of trimming and polishing the nails, removing blemishes from the hands, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. trim carefully and neatly
- n. professional care for the hands and fingernails
- v. care for (one's hand) by cutting and shaping the nails, etc.
But her manicure is perfect and she's chosen exactly the right shade of pink nail polish to show off the color of her skin.
He was generous with Hansen, picking up the tab when she took a friend to Spago, giving her courtside Lakers seats, and paying for her to have a manicure from the beautician his wife frequented.
Celebrity Beat: Lindsay Lohan takes to Twitter to comment on "cruel and unusual punishment"; also insists F-word manicure was only a joke; a spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office says Lohan will serve jail time in a private cell ...
‘For my mom, getting a manicure is a major personal achievement.’
I examine my manicure, which is pretty good, considering I did it myself.
Lindsay Lohan skips birthday party so she can tweet about her f-word manicure
Ubell-Meyer said she went to an orthopedist, a dermatologist, a chiropractor and more, but none of them believed her manicure could be the cause.
Manicure - if your mom takes great pride in keeping her hands and nails neat and tidy, a manicure is a wonderful treat.
I pamper myself, giving myself a nice facial, i get a pedicure, manicure, which is more to lift up my spirits than for 'grooming' purposes.
Not even the constant loss of small articles from the counter, such as manicure sticks, and digestive tablets, and jujubes, and face cream and smokers 'cachous, which never ought to be spread about there at all, because they are so easily conveyed by the dishonest customer into pocket or muff, can seriously upset the smiling side of the chemist's ledger.