from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cocktail made of gin or vodka and dry vermouth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Martin (attributive); used in taxonomic names for organisms having English names of the form "Martin's ..."
- n. a cocktail made with gin or vodka and vermouth
- n. any cocktail served in a cocktail glass, often sweet or fruity and aimed at women.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cocktail made of gin (or vodka) with dry vermouth
If one kind of martini is good, then a few are even better.
When those they do refuse are refused simply because they prefer the sharp tang of a dry gin martini over the lukewarm bottled beer from the brewery that owns the bar.
A nice martini is bit swankier, a bit more refined, and the type of deal you can take your girl friends and coworkers too.
Individual tiramisus served up in martini glasses that we got as a gift from Kelly at Slice of Style!
Not officially a martini, but you can serve in martini glass
Sitting under the umbrella and basking in the first warm rays of summer to melt away all that winter lethargy while sipping on a glass of martini is a treat that your patio holds for you.
A dirty gin martini with jalepeno olives and a tasty Bacon Salt rim!
The last half inch of my martini is trying to keep the bottom of the olive damp.
Dirty gin martini - I used to drink these every night.
CHIP RESISTORS displayed in martini glasses at a booth inside the SEG Electronics Market in Shenzhen