from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An attempt to make two people romantically interested in each other, especially an attempt to set up a date between people or to arrange a marriage.
- n. A service aiming to bring together sellers and buyers or potential partners.
- n. The act or process of locating suitable players to take part in a multiplayer game session.
- v. Present participle of matchmake.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of making matches for kindling or burning.
- n. The act or process of trying to bring about a marriage for others.
- adj. Busy in making or contriving marriages.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or practice of setting one's self to bring about marriages.
- Tending to make matches; active in bringing about marriages.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. mediation in order to bring about a marriage between others
� Take part in matchmaking sessions/one-on-one short meetings with buyers and lenders
On our site, swinglesonline. com, we specialize in matchmaking for singles in the swinger lifestyle, and my major complaint about adsense is that they will allow me to pay for adsense ads, but will not allow me to display the ads because our site is an adult personals site. taw Says:
Guess matchmaking is an ancient profession, all the same.
Do you think the widespread interest in scientific matchmaking is in part the result of people feeling overwhelmed by the complexities of modern life, and the burden of too much freedom?
His matchmaking was a good deed from their point of view, pure and simple.
I have a good eye for a nice swatch and a surprising paint chip, and I have had a checkered but occasionally successful sideline in matchmaking.
IAC/InterActive's IACI dating web site Match.com has bought a 20% stake in Chinese matchmaking service Zhenai as part of the company's plan to globalize and take hold of the international dating market.
Closing out the panel, Pardo addressed the idea of matchmaking in games, saying it's incredibly tricky to do.
Not only will they have that chance in Seattle next week, Christen said his team will focus on that kind of matchmaking, smoothing the way across cultures, languages and cell phone operating systems.
For volunteers like us, a growing list of online "matchmaking" services will connect us with short-term volunteer projects that are geographically convenient and match our personal interests.