from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to meat.
- adj. Having the flavor or smell of meat.
- adj. Full of or containing meat.
- adj. Heavily fleshed.
- adj. Prompting considerable thought: a meaty theme for study and debate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, relating to, or containing meat.
- adj. Resembling meat in flavour, etc.
- adj. Of a person or a body part, large and solid.
- adj. Substantial.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Abounding in meat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A bounding in meat; fleshy: as, meaty cattle.
- Resembling meat, or characteristic of it: as, a meaty flavor.
- Figuratively, pithy; full of meaning or significance; condensed, as a treatise giving much information in small compass.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being on topic and prompting thought
- adj. like or containing meat
With notes of lavender, dark fruits and a certain meaty gravitas on the nose, this wine has gorgeous balance and integration of the components to make for a great texture.
And, must people use words like "umami" when a perfectly serviceable equivalent word in English meaty or savory exists?
Hard to describe, it is usually defined as a meaty, savory, satisfying taste.
It looks moist and meaty, which is not what a cake should look like.
If you spent more you got more – namely a meaty, grabbing, visceral 16v 1.8.
The stringy slow-cooked pork and corn niblets of the cochon and grits recalled a meaty Brunswick stew, but it was upstaged by the generous bed of grits laced with glistening pork jus.
thanx bad lawyer. may the doc meat up with "bubba the weatherman" aka meaty urologist
Slaughterers have 'meaty' names like Gristle, Sinew, Tendon and Brisket.
We are shown how Stern's subterranean fears can bubble up today in unexpected ways: in a recurring dream of a "sickeningly soft white slug," for instance, which she associates with her naked grandfather; or in the kitchen, when her boyfriend's oil-smeared fingers suddenly resemble "meaty" penises.
Pat-down of passenger included, per TSA instructions, both breast and thigh areas, which appeared especially "meaty" but were otherwise unremarkable.