from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The use or study of metrical structures in verse; prosody.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of metric.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The philosophical and mathematical theory of measurement.
- n. The art of versification.
- n. The science or doctrine which treats of rhythm in language and its employment in poetic composition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the study of poetic meter and the art of versification
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Quite obvious that the wrong kind of metrics is used.
"The [Microsoft] board should have set a timer on Ballmer's tenure and said 'if we don't start seeing certain metrics then we're going to find a replacement for you,'" Kay says.
Senior officials said the "meat" of the work on the metrics is complete and that a draft has been sent to key members of Congress for their input.
If only we'd had poetry sessions in 'metrics 4 last year.
We had questions about adding in metrics, stats, to use both for reporting and keeping funders/bosses happy and for diagnostics - to e.g. find out which areas of the collection are being queried, what people are finding interesting. github repository as place to register open tables to make them discoverable.
From your Analytics account, locate your TV Campaign metrics from the AdWords drop down under Traffic Sources on the left navigation bar.
One reason I keep metrics is that it keeps me honest about how much work I am doing and how much time I need to do it in.
Leadership by Rudolph Giuliani, The Turnaround by William Bratton and Peter Knobler, and Moneyball by Michael Lewis — these three books explain metrics-based management, a key to 21st century government, which I write about in Real Change.
• Observations are important, but metrics is what validates conclusions.
Just seems to me that busting a metric for reliability when all you have are unreliable metrics is an odd thing to do.