from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or art of sculpturing or forming in a pliable material, such as clay or wax.
- n. Representation of depth and solidity in painting, drawing, or photography.
- n. Visual shape and texture of something regarded aesthetically, especially the human face or form.
- n. The act or profession of being a model.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of model.
- n. The art of sculpting models from clay etc. to create a representation of something.
- n. The representation of depth in a two-dimensional image.
- n. The profession of someone who models clothes.
- n. The construction and use of a computer model of a physical system.
- n. The learning of a new skill by copying other people.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or art of making a model from which a work of art is to be executed; the formation of a work of art from some plastic material. Also, in painting, drawing, etc., the expression or indication of solid form.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or occupation of forming models, or of bringing objects or figures to a desired form; specifically, in the fine arts, the act of a sculptor in shaping his model for any piece of carving, or the art of shaping models; also, the bringing of surfaces of the carving itself into proper relief and modulated relation; in painting, etc., the rendering of the appearance of relief and of natural solidity and curvature.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of representing something (usually on a smaller scale)
- n. a preliminary sculpture in wax or clay from which a finished work can be copied
- n. sculpture produced by molding
Mathematical modeling is now only a subset of the sort of modeling that is practically possible.
WiseWindow is charting new territory in modeling consumer behavior based on social media comments.
The idea behind traditional pinup modeling is not to be trashy or overly-provocative, but to embody a cute and sexy girl next door look.
We focussed particularly on how climate modeling is different from other forms of SE, but we also attempted to identify factors that would distinguish other species of SE from one another.
In fact, modeling has been eliminated as a core conceptbecause “modeling is best interpreted not as a collection of topics but rather in relation to other standards.”
Transportation engineering, and the related and often under-appreciated field of transportation demand modeling, is at least as complex as auto maintenance, medicine or aerospace.
In the credit and mortgage industries, statistical modeling is an advantage.
Climate modeling is based on millions of years in the geologic record.
Because modeling is great too and it's important that I keep up my modeling career or else I won't be a role model.
Q: We all know that plus in modeling and fashion does not mean what plus means in real life.