from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Occurring as single atoms.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Having the same valence or atomicity as hydrogen, represented by unity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adverb Consisting of, or containing, one atom.
- adverb Having the equivalence or replacing power of an atom of hydrogen; univalent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective chemistry Of an
element, consisting of a single atomin the molecule; for example: the noble gases. Note: strictly speaking, a molecule has at least two atoms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective of or relating to an element consisting of a single atom
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.