from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The system or arrangement of muscles in a body or a body part.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The collection of all muscles in a single body or in a single organ
- n. The structural configuration of muscle in a body or organ
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The muscular system of an animal, or of any of its parts; musculation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The furnishing or providing of a living organism with muscles, or the method or means by which muscles are formed; also, the muscular tissue, system, or apparatus itself, considered with reference to its origin, development, and subsequent disposition; musculation.
- n. Synonyms See musculation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the muscular system of an organism
Do I 'adapt to my level of musculature simply because Arnold Schwartenegger's musculature is larger?
Yet Jalali is clearly satisfied with his endeavors, noting his musculature is the result of dedicated training and careful diet.
The height he must have inherited from English forebears, and the musculature was the result of hard labor.
He seemed Hap's age, some twenty years old, and his frame and his musculature were the equal of Hap's.
With effort he could harken back to med school and recall the musculature of the thumb, thinking that a flexor pollicis brevis is a flexor pollicis brevis, regardless of its size.
In particular, where a stimulus is applied to the most rostrally situated regions, the cat adopts the normal posture for the physiological deposition of faeces; therefore the stimulus activates the skeletal musculature, which is innervated by the cerebrospinal axis, and which is also responsible for the abdominal muscular pressure.
A hip centric power squat offers the advantage of greater development of the anti-gravity musculature aka - posterior chain.
Males on the other hand become aware that females are susceptible to power totems such as musculature, money and power totems head waiter knows you by name and takes you to "your" table.
Jeff Pearlman of Sports Illustrated, another voter, found Bagwell implicated by his hulking musculature when he could not turn up any tangible evidence of steroid use.
Sleek in black leotards that emphasized line and showed musculature, Burkholder and Witting tangoed at times in graceful tandem while positioned one slightly above the other.