from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The hair growing on the human upper lip, especially when cultivated and groomed.
- n. Something similar to the cultivated, groomed hair on the human upper lip, as:
- n. A group of bristles or hairs about the mouth of an animal.
- n. Distinctive coloring or feathers near the beak of a bird.
- n. Food or drink sticking conspicuously to the upper lip: wiped the milk mustache from my face.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A growth of facial hair between the nose and the upper lip.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That part of the beard which grows on the upper lip; hair left growing above the mouth.
- n. A West African monkey (Cercopithecus cephus). It has yellow whiskers, and a triangular blue mark on the nose.
- n. Any conspicuous stripe of color on the side of the head, beneath the eye of a bird.
- n. A stain or discoloration on the upper lip of a person.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The beard worn on the upper lip of men; the unshaven hair of the upper lip: frequently used in the plural, as if the hair on each side of the lip were to be regarded as a mustache.
- n. . A long ringlet hanging beside the face, a part of a woman's head-dress in the seventeenth century.
- n. In zoology:
- n. Hairs or bristles like a mustache; whiskers; rictal vibrissæ mystaces.
- n. A mystacine, malar, or maxillary stripe of color in a bird's plumage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an unshaved growth of hair on the upper lip
Speaking of boots, Thon muffed his fair share of ground balls as a journeyman middle infielder, but on this squad his mustache is an all-star.
I said, twirling my mustache is a Snidely Whiplash fashion.
Cito Gaston may be underappreciated, but his mustache is not.
He's back with an update, and his mustache is bigger and better than ever.
Chemist: just out of curiosity, the Hitler mustache is OK, though?
Her mustache is reminiscent of Zorro … she just needs her sword and mask!
Paused, added, with a froth mustache from the pint, giving him the appearance of a sage
A pencil thin mustache gives him a less corny “Snidely Whiplash” appearance.
I like how the mustache is off just by a fraction of an inch.
And that stupid little mustache is definitely not cool!