from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See zygomatic bone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The small prominent bone of the cheek.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the bone of the side of the face; esp., the malar bone.
- n. the arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The malar bone, forming the prominence below the outer angle of the eye.
- n. The superior maxillary or upper jaw-bone, forming most of the bony basis of the upper jaw.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek
His whiskers were an untamed sorrel bristling and across his cheekbone was the ugly scar of a half healed wound.
It’s another thing entirely to have two images side by side, take measurements of various facial proportions such as cheekbone height and nose width, and find that they do not match.
The use of "cheekbone" and "teeth" represents his enemies as fierce, like wild beasts ready to devour (Ps
She had a deep gash that slanted across her chin and another that ran from her cheekbone to the corner of her mouth.
Dark purple blotches webbed across his cheekbone, blood vessels shattered against the delicate paleness of his skin.
At the end of August, after months in the hospital, Yevkurov did return to office, a new scar visible on his right cheekbone.
Contrary to everything we've been taught, applying the darker foundation shade on the T-Zone and the lighter shade below will actually eliminate the discoloration and create a defined cheekbone!
APPLICATION: The darker color is used on the cheekbone, forehead, nose, and center of the chin.
Baby fat began to shrink and show the line of her jaw, her cheekbone, the definition of her calf.
Ginger had shoulder-length brown hair and a slightly crooked face, owing to a tumor near her cheekbone that had been removed when she was a child, followed by a failed dental surgery.