from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The official roll of persons in a military or naval unit.
- noun An inventory; a roster.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A list or return of all troops, including all officers and soldiers actually present on parade, or otherwise accounted for, on muster-day; hence, any similar list.
- noun A similar register kept on shipboard, in which are recorded the names of the ship's company.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun An official
listof the officersand menin a military(or naval) unit
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a list of names of officers and men in a military unit or ship's company
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.