from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cape or headland.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A promontory; a cape or headland. (frequently used as a suffix in placenames)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A promontory; a cape; a headland.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A point of land running into the sea; a promontory; a headland; a cape.
- n. A suffix of Anglo-Saxon origin, used to form, from adjectives, nouns denoting the abstract quality of the adjective, as goodness, sweetness, whiteness, humbleness, hopefulness, spiritualness, crookedness, neglectedness, obligingness, the quality or state of being good, sweet, white, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a strip of land projecting into a body of water
The Republicans, as befits their regional base, value beauty and born-agin 'ness over brains, hence the Palin phenomenon (and she is drop-dead gorgeous).
I love Laura …. her innocence (Imma gonna b in 17 magazine … look, thats me!) and efervescent hickey-ness is refreshing – not to mention she takes fabulous pics.
Your "human" - ness is all too familiar, and at the same time very inspirational.
But Harry's resistance to his chosen-ness is different, partly because unlike the Skywalker boys he has no choice about it --- resistance is futile in his case, which makes it more admirable but less heroic --- but mainly because in Rowling's conception being the Chosen One is not a heroic thing.
But for some reason my pissed-off-ness is still lingering?
Ms Priss – my pissed-off-ness is still lingering, too.
When resourcefulness and busy-ness is taught early in life, people tend to be happier and more content in life.
I think our drought-ness is really just pointing towards our obsession with new-nes.
I would say that the essence of Mary-Sue-ness is that the story warps to accomdate her.
Mary — I would say that the essence of Mary-Sue-ness is that the story warps to accomdate her.