from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A short strap fastened around the leg of a hawk or other bird used in falconry, to which a leash may be fastened.
- transitive v. To put jesses or a jess on (a hawk, for example).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A short strap fastened around the leg of a bird used in falconry, to which a leash may be fastened.
- v. To fasten a strap around the leg of a hawk.
- n. A compact coal-like, velvet-black mineral, with a polish making it fit for use in jewelry.
- n. A very dark, velvety black shade.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A short strap of leather or silk secured round the leg of a hawk, to which the leash or line, wrapped round the falconer's hand, was attached when used. See Illust. of falcon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A short strap, usually of leather, sometimes of silk or other material, fastened about the leg of a hawk used in falconry, and continually worn.
- n. A ribbon that hangs down from a garland or crown in falconry.
- To secure with jesses; place the jesses on.
March 2nd, 2010 at 9: 03 pm dbadass says: uutrinko: jess is not gonna be happy dude …
She needed to live a little all she ever did was hide behinnd school and books she was young let her live. jess got her into a car accident. and don't get me wrong jess is one of the best looking boyfriends rory has ever had, but he left her with no explanation and then tried to come back and tell her to runaway with him away from her mom a.k.a. her bestfriend besides lane. anyway rory and logan are so cute together and he didn't mess around on her they were broken up he didn't know they were on a break cause he never been in a real relationship before.
No you don’t dude with a f ucked up name. jess, is a skank
Who do u think has the nicest dad: weird, i hardly ever see any of my friends 'dads. i was always afraid to call jess because her dad scared me, though ... lol
Jess Johanson karen newton said: On August 8, 2009 hey jess, looking good.
Write to Jess Bravin at firstname.lastname@example.org and Ann Zimmerman at email@example.com
I am from rural New England, and worked for a time in a major urban ER, I can remember saying ‘Maine’ in exactly that tone. jess
I asked at the Privacy center but jess was unsure …
I would keep the relationship the same, but make “peeks” the dependent variable. jess Says:
Around midnight, Costello responded to a question by Jessica Verilli, who asked about details of the meeting with a mere: "@jess sadly no. i was in a part of the bay area where the tweets cant get in or out!"