from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The person or persons most closely related by blood to another person.
- n. Law The closest relative of a deceased person.
- n. Law The relative or relatives entitled to share in the personal property of one who dies intestate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Closest blood relative, heir to inheritance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the person who is (or persons who are) most closely related to a given person
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.