from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Ready for marriage; of a marriageable age or condition. Used of young women.
- adj. Sexually mature and attractive. Used of young women.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of an age suitable for marriage; marriageable (used of a young woman).
- adj. sexually attractive (used of a young woman).
- n. A young sexually-attractive woman
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of an age suitable for marriage; marriageable.
- adj. Sexually attractive, sometimes used as a genteel euphemism for having well-developed breasts; -- of a young woman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of an age suitable for marriage; marriageable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of girls or women who are eligible to marry
He finally baptizes a nubile village girl, and their ecstatic duet suggests they shared more than a mere dunk.
The word "nubile" you use implies sexuality in the girl, and if you look at Linda Blair, Jennifer Carpenter and Ashley Bell, it's the innocence and lack of sexuality of these girls that make them perfect victims for the devil.
Someday, forensic shows will let young male artists know that what they think is "nubile" is really "effects of a previous pregnancy".
This is obviously not sexualization, but the socialization is part of the structure that supports the sexualization, once they hit that "nubile" *grrr* state.
It's turn-of-the-century Washington D.C. and you've got a string of murders, a vampire woman, her diplomat husband, a British ambassador, his "nubile" daughter God only knows how many times that adjective describes her, a hardheaded police detective, a drunk bum of a would-be private detective, a priest, a suspicious doctor, and a sadistic cat.
I'm sure he meant "nubile". just now, -0/+1So, now Nokia will have three operating systems?
But, eh, did you say your six-year old thumbs were more "nubile" in that last video when talking about the joystick (which looks like Atari, not commodore to me)?!?!?
Gonna go all soft porn with the nubile women and all howsabout some nice boymeat to oogle ...
No one could accuse Mr. Poon's film of subtlety, but it offered a degree of titillated delight that was rivaled only by the hugely popular trailer, shown at a film mart associated with the festival, for "Sex and Zen: Extreme Ecstasy," a 3-D porn movie with a nubile princess and bullets coming at you from the barrel of an antique gun.
One understands that it's reality TV law that there have to be nubile women showering under the fake waterfall for men who've never had a girlfriend they didn't have to inflate, but these aren't classic IAC Moments.