from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make so confused or opaque as to be difficult to perceive or understand: "A great effort was made . . . to obscure or obfuscate the truth” ( Robert Conquest).
- transitive v. To render indistinct or dim; darken: The fog obfuscated the shore.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make dark; overshadow
- v. To deliberately make more confusing in order to conceal the truth.
- v. To alter code while preserving its behavior but conceal its structure and intent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Obfuscated; darkened; obscured.
- transitive v. To darken; to obscure; to becloud.
- transitive v. To confuse; to bewilder; to make unclear.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To darken; obscure; becloud; confuse; bewilder; muddle.
- Darkened; clouded; obscured; muddled.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make obscure or unclear
However, let's distract and obfuscate from the glaring flaws of the current administration and revel in the hate for an administration that is no longer in office.
And the prize for the most uses of the word obfuscate or derivatives thereof goes to…
You STILL haven’t stepped up and argued the points, why you obfuscate is beyond me.
When it came to discussing facts, she seemed to obfuscate the issue (Sarah, if you're reading this, don't be embarrassed to look up "obfuscate").
I've just highlighted this post on Twitter and in my resource about How to write an Artist's Statement with the suggestion that it's absolutely essential reading anytime an artist feels tempted to "obfuscate"!
Also, good use of the word obfuscate … and the Marxist stuff … but I know what obfuscate means … and I don’t know anything about Marx himay
If you want it can also "obfuscate" the variables which saves bandwith and as side effect make them harder to reuse (not something you'd want as open source developer).
The word "obfuscate" is a word only the very rich would use and will be taxed.
Your email address will be hidden, but it is still recommended that you "obfuscate" your email address, or simply leave a homepage URL.
So, if indeed we are called to participate, to care for and protect water and climate and all living things as God's will, why then do we obfuscate and deny the research and science affirming positions quoted here?