from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A detachable lock with a U-shaped bar hinged at one end, designed to be passed through the staple of a hasp or a link in a chain and then snapped shut.
- transitive v. To lock up with or as if with a padlock.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A detachable lock that can be used to secure something by means of a sliding or hinged shackle
- v. To lock using a padlock.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A portable lock with a bow which is usually jointed or pivoted at one end so that it can be opened, the other end being fastened by the bolt, -- used for fastening by passing the bow through a staple over a hasp or through the links of a chain, etc.
- n. A curb; a restraint.
- transitive v. To fasten with, or as with, a padlock; to stop; to shut; to confine as by a padlock.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A portable lock with a pivoted bow or hasp or a sliding hasp, designed to fit over a staple or engage a ring and to hang suspended when closed.
- To fasten by or as by means of a padlock.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. fasten with a padlock
- n. a detachable lock; has a hinged shackle that can be passed through the staple of a hasp or the links in a chain and then snapped shut
To open the padlock, you must press the buttons. key number 1 to represent the letter 'a', the key number 2 to represent the letter 'f', and so on. code to open the padlock is 'padlock'.
He takes a paper clip out of his pocket and opens it out, and I think maybe he has a penknife, too, and next thing I know the padlock is open.
"Azactly," said Old Gillman; and slipped the padlock from the staple and put it in his pocket.
'Azactly,' said Old Gillman; and slipped the padlock from the staple and put it in his pocket.
Stuffed carefully into a steel locker secured with a padlock were the blocks of Semtex explosives, and on top of that locker lay one of the M-249 Squad Automatic Weapons.
This was a kind of padlock, which shut up all access to the seat of voluptuousness.
Another option is a third-party 'padlock' security program for smartphones / PDAs.
There is no "padlock" to show that the other people in your conversation are also using secure Skype clients.
Mfd, the bacterial TRCF RNA polymerase stalled at DNA damage is recognized by Mfd pre-incision complex (UvrB "padlock" bound to damaged DNA) RNA, RNAP Mfd UvrA 2 UvrA 2 UvrB RNA Pol Mfd COUPLING
"SSL certificates are the primary mechanism for ensuring that secure web sites -- those displaying that reassuring" padlock "icon in the address bar -- really are who they purport to be.