from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of perverting.
- n. The state of being perverted.
- n. A sexual practice or act considered abnormal or deviant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action of perverting someone or something; humiliation; debasement.
- n. The state of being perverted; depravity; viciousness.
- n. A sexual practice or act considered abnormal; sexual deviance; immorality.
- n. An instance of such abnormal activity or behaviour; rape.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of perverting, or the state of being perverted; a turning from truth or right; a diverting from the true intent or object; a change to something worse; a turning or applying to a wrong end or use.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of perverting; a turning from truth or propriety; a diverting from the true intent or object; change to something worse.
- n. In mathematics, the operation of passing from any figure to another like the image of the former in a plane mirror; also, same as perverse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the action of perverting something (turning it to a wrong use)
- n. an aberrant sexual practice
- n. a curve that reverses the direction of something
And such a perversion is their saying that the Word hath inherent and positive power and I take refuge with
That perversion is what leads to the housing segregation and immigration biases, among other things.
A pervert's attempt to demonstrate that perversion is "statistically" normal.
The only perversion is from the religious right who insist on cherry picking the Old Testament for passages to support their warped view of life. gypsydaveywithablowtorch
As this feminine perversion is only glanced at in The Nights I need hardly enlarge upon the subject.
You left out an interesting angle: The man who thought homosexuality was a perversion is named is Jihad Daniel.
In the United States, the Boy Scouts of America maintains a list it calls the "perversion files."
This I call perversion -- where strictest justice is the most strenuous wrong.
His conversion - some Protestants called it a "perversion" - rocked the country.
"... sexologists tend to avoid the terms perversion and perverted, as well as deviant, deviation and ` unnatural, 'preferring the less judgmental and more neutral descriptive terms variation and variant."