from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several small nocturnal African primates of the genera Perodicticus and Arctocebus, having a pointed snout, large eyes and ears, and a stumplike index finger and tail.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small primate, of the subfamily Perodictictinae, from the tropical rainforests of Africa.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A nocturnal mammal (Perodictius potto) of the Lemur family, found in West Africa. It has rudimentary forefingers. Called also aposoro, and bush dog.
- n. The kinkajou.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small West African lemuroid quadruped, Perodicticus potto. See Perodicticus.
- n. The kinkajou, Cercoleptes caudivolvulus. See cut under kinkajou.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. arboreal fruit-eating mammal of tropical America with a long prehensile tail
- n. a kind of lemur
There are small primate populations of potto Perodicticus potto, western black and white colobus Colobus polykomos, red colobus Colobus badius (EN), diana monkey Cercopithecus diana (EN), lesser bushbaby Galago senegalensi and chimpanzees Pan troglodytes (EN) which are close neighbors of the tool-using population in Bossou.
I would keep it in a grotto, if I only had a potto, and I'd feed it on risotto
The teeth of the labyrinthodon, the hand of the potto, the whalebone of whales, the wings of birds, the climbing tendrils of some plants, &c. have also been adduced as instances of structures, the origin and production of which are probably due rather to considerable modifications than to minute increments.
The missing forefinger to the hand of the potto  would appear at first sight to have been lost by some such mishap.
Check out photos of a newborn potto, baby orangutan and some playful tiger cubs.
They are lotto-potto in Italy spending a reported 27-billion euros a year on trying to beat the balls.
To these species of monkeys, one can add black and white colubus; gray cheeked Mangabey, red tailed monkey, bus baby, potto and olive baboon.
_guiso de potto_ which one gets in any _rancho_ in the Banda