from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive verb To rub through a strainer or process (food) in a blender.
- noun Food prepared by straining or blending.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A kind of broth or soup consisting of meat, fish, or vegetables boiled to a pulp, and passed through a sieve. The ordinary pea-soup is a familiar example.
- noun A dessert made of crushed fruit, sweetened and flavored with some cordial or orange- or lemon-juice.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A dish made by boiling any article of food to a pulp and rubbing it through a sieve; ; especially, a soup the thickening of which is so treated.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A food that has been ground or crushed into a thick liquid (e.g. tomato sauce is generally a puree).
- verb transitive, cooking To crush or grind food into a purée.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb rub through a strainer or process in an electric blender
- noun food prepared by cooking and straining or processed in a blender
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[From French, purée, from Old French, from feminine past participle of purer, to strain, clean, from Latin pūrāre, to purify, from pūrus, clean; see peuə- in Indo-European roots.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Sorry, no example sentences found.