from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The enlisted troops, excluding noncommissioned officers, in an army.
- noun The people who form the major portion of a group, organization, or society, excluding the leaders and officers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Common soldiers, as would be arrayed in a grid pattern with
- noun idiomatic Those lacking any particular
titleor status; those having no station.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun people who constitute the main body of any group
- noun the ordinary members of an organization (such as the enlisted soldiers of an army)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.