from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The methods, discipline, and attainments of a scholar or scholars.
- n. Knowledge resulting from study and research in a particular field. See Synonyms at knowledge.
- n. A grant of financial aid awarded to a student, as for the purpose of attending a college.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A grant-in-aid to a student.
- n. The character or qualities of a scholar.
- n. The activity, methods or attainments of a scholar.
- n. The sum of knowledge accrued by scholars; the realm of refined learning.
- n. The first year of high school, often accompanied by exams that needed to be passed before advancement to the higher grades.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The character and qualities of a scholar; attainments in science or literature; erudition; learning.
- n. Literary education.
- n. Maintenance for a scholar; a foundation for the support of a student.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character and qualities of a scholar; attainments in science or literature; learning; erudition.
- n. Education; instruction; teaching.
- n. Maintenance for a scholar, awarded by a college, university, or other educational institution; a sum of money paid to a student, sometimes to a university graduate, usually after competition or examination, to support him or to assist him in the prosecution of his studies.
- n. = Syn.1. Learning, Erudition, etc. See literature.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. profound scholarly knowledge
- n. financial aid provided to a student on the basis of academic merit
ReZaKe Is trying to find a bachelor degree scholarship about Transportation & Car Design or maybe Industrial Design #scholarship
This is much better than simply typing the word "scholarship" into Google or logging on to Fastweb.
And if your scholarship is about lesbianism, there is nothing wrong with that.
Leo's valuable advice deepened my analysis and use of sources, and his scholarship is an inspiration.
Ol 'Chuck there's hardly an Islamic scholar; his level of "scholarship" is too little to impress even a Muslim.
"Huh! Maybe you didn't shine in scholarship, but at least you gleaned a vocabulary out of Oxford."
He broke school records in scholarship and athletics, and whipped every boy of his size or years on Island McGill.
For my money, the best Dead scholarship is the kind that's smart, clever, and (important!) accessible to a lay audience.
The scholarship is available for one student who wishes to participate in the September 21-27 Writing the Breakout Novel Intensive, to be held in San Antonio, Texas.
The scholarship is available for one student who wishes to participate in the September 13-19 Writing the Breakout Novel Intensive, to be held in Charlotte, NC.