from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Relating to, occurring in, or varying with a particular season.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Of or pertaining to the seasons; relating to a season or seasons.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Of or pertaining to the seasons.
- adjective Occurring or being used in a specific season.
- adjective (Zoöl.) the condition of having two distinct varieties which appear at different seasons, as certain species of butterflies in which the spring brood differs from the summer or autumnal brood.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of, related to, or reliant on a
seasonor periodof the year, especially with regard to weathercharacteristics.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective occurring at or dependent on a particular season
- noun a worker who finds employment only in certain seasons
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.