from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Of or characterized by selection; discriminating.
- adjective Empowered or tending to select.
- adjective Electronics Able to reject frequencies other than the one selected or tuned.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Of, pertaining to, or characterized by selection or choice; selecting; using that which is selected or choice.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Selecting; tending to select.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of or pertaining to the process of
- adjective of a person
choosy, fussyor discriminatingwhen selecting.
- adjective not comparable Having the
authorityor capabilityto make a selection.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective characterized by very careful or fastidious selection
- adjective tending to select; characterized by careful choice
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.