from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A reduction or elimination of competing businesses or products in a particular field.
- noun A decline in a securities market that forces speculators to sell their positions, often at a loss.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun An event that causes
marginalconstituents to be eliminated.
- noun engineering The separation of molds from their
flask, the castingsfrom the molding sand, and potentially the coresfrom the castings.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an economic condition that results in the elimination of marginally financed participants in an industry
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
shake + out
Sorry, no example sentences found.