from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A figure of a person made from packed snow, usually formed by piling large snowballs on top of each other.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A humanoid figure made with large snowballs stacked on each other. Human traits like a face and arms may be fashioned with sticks (arms), a carrot (nose), and stones or coal (eyes, mouth).
- n. A playing card with the rank of nine.
- n. A score of eight on a single hole.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a figure of a person made of packed snow
Sun 11/29/09 10: 05 AM frostey the snowman is a very hapy fun sole
The snowman is mounted on a silicon cantilever from an atomic force microscope whose sharp tip 'feels' surfaces creating topographic surveys at almost atomic scales.
The snowman is accompanied by seasonally appropriate green asparagus and red glazed carrots (the red is food dye), and a bit of veggie burger with a Thai basil leaf.
A snowman is built in a basement that hides a Jew.
September 18, 2008 at 12: 50 pm cool. to me it looks like some little extra out of one of those rankin and bass tv specials. now that i think about it, it reminds me of the abominable snowman from the rudolph special.
This image of a threatening snowman is from a 1927 postcard.
In the silent movie The Snowman by Wallace McCutcheon, a chain-smoking snowman is swigging whiskey and appears in the rest of the film sloshed, inspiring a flogging by the townspeople.
Partly because the snowman is so inherently magical.
As they said on FARK. com, if you can tell a snowman is male, you've put the carrot in the wrong place.
With each consecutive day the snowman is slowly built up and up.