from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small hard mound or bump on a ski slope.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a hump or bump on a skiing piste
- n. a rich or powerful person; a magnate
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A person of the Mongolian race.
- n. Any of the Mongolian peoples who conquered parts of India and established an empire lasting from 1526 to 1857. Also, any of their descendents.
- n. A heavy locomotive for freight traffic, having three pairs of connected driving wheels and a two-wheeled truck.
- n. A great personage; magnate; autocrat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Mongol or Mongolian; specifically, in history, one of the followers of Baber, conqueror of Hindustan in the sixteenth century.
- n. A name for the best quality of playing-cards.
- n. Hence— Any great personage.
- Of or relating to the Moguls, or the Mongol empire in India: as, the Mogul language; the Mogul dynasty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a very wealthy or powerful businessman
- n. a member of the Muslim dynasty that ruled India until 1857
- n. a bump on a ski slope
As a label mogul who tried to help it break out nationally, why do you think it's never happened?
Welcome to Australia - land of oligopolies and protected patronage. (we get free to air coverage of AFL football 2007 onwards but only because one media mogul is annoyed at the other re so called anti-competitive behaviour - oh the irony)
We need some magnificent role models, some publishers like the Penguin mogul, Allan Lane, whose motivation was notably described as ‘both missionary and mercenary’.
The hotel executive makes beds, the restaurant chain mogul washes dishes, and the amusement park CEO fishes poop out of the swimming pool.
Meanwhile, Abramoff the movie mogul is a fascinating image.
And the mogul is telling Hollywood folk there that "the strike is over", according to emails coming fast and furious out of that venue.
Did you know Virgin mogul Sir Richard Branson has branched into comic books?
One label mogul says, "" People will have to decide whether they will make money doing anything, even though it's not illegal. ''
On the off chance we aren't, this year the concom's adding more tracks to the writers 'workshop, including programming with horror writer Gary Braunbeck, horror writer and media tie-in mogul Tim Waggoner, and screenplay writer Diana Dru Botsford digitalred93.
But things aren't so gloomy for the iconic rocker, he sits in third position of the richest men in the U.K. music industry behind record label mogul Clive Calder and musical impressario Lord Andrew Lloyd-Webber.