from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A fluid or semifluid soap.
- noun Informal Flattery; cajolery.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To flatter, especially for the attainment of some selfish end. See
soap, n. and verb
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative spelling of
- verb Alternative spelling of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb use flattering talk on somebody
- verb persuade someone through flattery
- noun a soft (or liquid) soap made from vegetable oils; used in certain skin diseases
- noun flattery designed to gain favor
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.