from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To be or become stagnant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To cease motion, activity, or progress; to come to rest; to cease to advance or change; to become idle or cease to flow.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To cease to flow; to be motionless; ; hence, to become impure or foul by want of motion.
- intransitive v. To cease to be brisk or active; to become dull or inactive.
- adj. Stagnant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To cease to run or flow; be or become motionless; have no current.
- To cease to be brisk or active; become dull, inactive, or inert: as, business stagnates.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. be idle; exist in a changeless situation
- v. stand still
- v. cause to stagnate
- v. cease to flow; stand without moving
If there's cement there and there's no communication that means we have what we call stagnate oil trapped around that casing up to the well head.
Desch expects revenues to "stagnate" next year, says Uwe Geilker, a member of Desch's executive board.
During a hearing at a Croydon employment tribunal, Sky Movies director Ian Lewis said that he had instigated the restructure to ensure that the website did not "stagnate".
Ian Lewis, director of Sky Movies, told Croydon employment tribunal that he ordered the restructuring to ensure that the performance of the website did not "stagnate".
It's incredibly disingenuous to say that they've been "sitting on" or letting Lemmings "stagnate":
He said further regulations on Wall Street would "stagnate" the economy.
Gawker. com: Huffington has allowed citizen journalism project to 'stagnate'
NUJ Release: Mass meeting at FT after only 11 volunteer for redundancy Gawker. com: Huffington has allowed citizen journalism project to 'stagnate'
This entry was posted on Friday, January 16th, 2009 at 4: 57 pm and is filed under NUJ Release: Mass meeting at FT after only 11 volunteer for redundancy Gawker. com: Huffington has allowed citizen journalism project to 'stagnate'
Syndicated news sites contain information that tends to 'stagnate' since updates are far and few in between.