from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Honest; honorable.
- adj. Upright; while standing.
- adj. Performed while standing although normally done while sitting.
- adj. That allows the batter to advance to a given base (usually second or third) without having to slide.
- n. A performance of stand-up comedy; jokes delivered standing on a stage
- n. A short meeting performed while standing up.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Standing; erect; upright; high.
- Specifically, in pugilism, noting a fair boxing-match, where the combatants stand manfully to each other, without false falls: as, a fair stand-up fight.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. requiring a standing position
Sorry, no etymologies found.
In many cities, a new technology called stand-up MRI is available.
He was talking about playing something called a stand-up bass.
I want to be known as a stand-up guy who happened to make a mistake with a size 19 shoe and just move on.
"But what would Bill Hicks say?" he ends, referring to the stand-up comedian famous for his takedowns of American culture.
It is best described as stand-up comedy meets naked physical theatre.
It wasn't that long ago that Patton Oswalt was best known as a stand-up comedian and for his sidekick role on the long-running sitcom
Somewhere inside you is a Kalahari fool—a stand-up comedian who wants to make some clean and dirty fun about your life.
You may know Jo Koy from "Chelsea Lately" on E! or one of his numerous stand-up shows across the country, but after this video you'll undoubtedly know him as the guy who has a serious interest in Bristol Palin Just kidding, Jo.
All joking aside, Jo Koy is one funny stand-up who sat down to talk to us recently before his show at Caroline's On Broadway in New York City.
Chelsea Lately on E! or one of his numerous stand-up shows across the country, but after this video you ll...