from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small dagger with a slender, tapering blade.
- n. Something shaped like such a dagger.
- n. A small, sharp-pointed instrument used for making eyelet holes in needlework.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Sharp and narrow like a stiletto.
- n. A short sharp knife or dagger-like weapon intended for stabbing.
- n. A rapier.
- n. An awl.
- n. A woman's shoe with a tall, slender heel (stiletto heel).
- v. To attack or kill with a stiletto (dagger).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of dagger with a slender, rounded, and pointed blade.
- n. A pointed instrument for making eyelet holes in embroidery.
- n. A beard trimmed into a pointed form.
- transitive v. To stab or kill with a stiletto.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To strike or wound with a stiletto; hence, in general, to stab.
- n. A dagger having a blade slender and narrow, and thick in proportion to its width—that is, triangular, square, etc., in section, instead of flat.
- n. A small sharp-pointed implement used for making eyelet-holes and for similar purposes. Stilettos are of ivory, bone, metal, and other materials.
- n. A beard trimmed into a sharp-pointed form.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small dagger with a tapered blade
She, the episode hints, has her own past secrets, plus a brand-new one that comes when she tests whether the phrase "stiletto heel" is meant literally.
Ohio outlandish dancer gets year of trial in stiletto heel conflict upon 52-year-old co-worker
October 14th, 2009 Exotic dancer gets trial in stiletto stabbingAKRON, Ohio A woman has been condemned to a year of trial for aggressive a fellow outlandish dancer in a face with a stiletto heel during an Ohio club.
I just wanted to more publicly thank the women in stiletto heels for letting me guest blog.
On the way we passed a woman in stiletto heels who was walking like she was trying not to put any weight on her feet.
Along with the t-shirt came an honest-to-god, ferreal, 1950s hoodlum, West Side Story, mutherfukkin Italian stiletto SWITCHBLADE!
8: 16 PM comments: the girl in stiletto said ... those angels are adorable: D
Whipping around a feather boa in stiletto heels and pasties is not a ritual commonly associated with fear of one’s audience.
‘A catsuited model in stiletto heels strode the deck of a British warship with Royal Navy helicopters roaring overhead.
On the Today Show in September, Matt Lauer did a piece on so-called stiletto stoners -- educated, professional women with killer careers and enviable social lives who favor marijuana as their intoxicant of choice and are increasingly comfortable admitting it.