from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Designed or arranged to offer the least resistance to fluid flow.
- adj. Reduced to essentials; lacking anything extra.
- adj. Effectively organized or simplified: a streamlined method of production.
- adj. Having flowing, graceful lines; sleek: a streamlined convertible.
- adj. Improved in appearance or efficiency; modernized.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Designed to offer little resistance to the flow of fluid, especially by having sleek, graceful lines.
- adj. Having been made more simple and straight forward.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of streamline.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. made efficient by stripping off nonessentials
- adj. designed or arranged to offer the least resistant to fluid flow
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Wildcats 3.0, the title streamlined into a clean, antiseptic sans-serif typeface that wouldn't look out of place on an investment magazine.
*** Technology Cisco Systems said it will switch to what it calls a "streamlined operating model," as the networking company looks to refocus its operations and simplify its oft-criticized management structure.
The IRS also will make what it calls "streamlined installment agreements" available to more small businesses with unpaid taxes, giving them up to 24 months to pay debts of $25,000 or less.
They can do what they call a streamlined re-fi and that should cost you less.
+0.40% shares edged up fractionally after the networking company unveiled what it called a "streamlined operating model" designed to simplify its operations and streamline its sales, services and engineering organizations. /quotes/comstock/10y!
Check out the models from Nutcase, which feature bold graphics (stripes, flags, flames and such) in streamlined skater shapes.
The 2006 database is streamlined from the 2005 version, with a lot of bad addresses and other garbage gone.
And though his keen intellect and long list of accomplishments in an industry characterized by streamlined steel could lead some to suspect otherwise, the Swiss-born businessman reserves a soft spot for his pets--a gaggle of dogs, cats and horses that all share living space on the Lutz family's farm in the Detroit area.
It is true that savings were minimal, but it would appear in the media as if government were being streamlined, which is legitimately desired by the public.
A so-called streamlined sales tax proposal sought by business groups has failed to advance because of lack of support in the Senate, Bishop said.