from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb To
acquire, bring in, or introduce.
- verb idiomatic To begin to
- verb idiomatic To
- verb idiomatic To attempt to
- verb intransitive, colloquial To
catch on, do well; to become popular.
- verb intransitive, idiomatic To show emotion, to grieve or be concerned about something or someone.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb admit into a group or community
- verb accept as a challenge
- verb take on titles, offices, duties, responsibilities
- verb take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect
- verb contend against an opponent in a sport, game, or battle
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.