from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To acquire, bring in, or introduce.
- v. To begin to have or exhibit.
- v. To assume responsibility for.
- v. To attempt to fight or compete.
- v. To catch on, do well; to become popular.
- v. To show emotion, to grieve or be concerned about something or someone.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. admit into a group or community
- v. accept as a challenge
- v. take on titles, offices, duties, responsibilities
- v. take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect
- v. contend against an opponent in a sport, game, or battle
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.