from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun A lengthy piece of written work required of a student on a topic drawn from the subject matter of a course of study.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun A substantial research paper written by a student over an academic term or semester which accounts for a large amount of a grade and makes up much of the course.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun a composition intended to indicate a student's progress during a school term


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.