from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A naturally occurring ester of three fatty acids and glycerol that is the chief constituent of fats and oils.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A lipid, an ester of glycerol and three fatty acids (the same or different); the major constituent of animal and vegetable fats.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A glyceride formed by the replacement of three hydrogen atoms in glycerin by acid radicals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In chem., a substitution product formed by the replacement of three hydrogen atoms in glycerol by acid radicals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. glyceride occurring naturally in animal and vegetable tissues; it consists of three individual fatty acids bound together in a single large molecule; an important energy source forming much of the fat stored by the body
MCT (medium-chain triglyceride) oil may be recommended to add extra calories to the diet and help your child grow.
Slide 26: Fatty Acids Animal fats and vegetable oils are both triesters of x glycerol, hence the name triglyceride • hydrolysis of a triglyceride in aqueous base followed by acidification gives glycerol and three fatty acids O RCOOH CH2 OH O CH2 OCR 1.
Lowering cholesterol and a type of fat, or lipid, called triglyceride are thought to lead to decreased cardiac events, though TriLipix hasn't been shown to prevent heart disease or heart attacks, according to Abbott.
Fat is stored as a triglyceride, which is three fatty acids hooked on to a glycerol molecule.
Furthermore, the liver converts fructose far more readily to a fat called triglyceride, than it does with glucose.
A fat molecule is a triglyceride, which is formed from one molecule of glycerol and three fatty acids.
When there is a lot of carbohydrate, fat turns into triglyceride, which is bad for your heart, and that's a bad thing.
Because of the way in which its composition is built up, the chemical substance having this form is known as a triglyceride, and all oils and fats are made up of a mixture of these triglycerides.
The shake contains caprylic triglyceride, a compound derived from coconut oil that is metabolized in the liver to produce ketone bodies, which serve as alternate brain fuel for Alzheimer's patients, the company says.
This test includes total cholesterol, LDL (bad cholesterol), HDL (good cholesterol) and triglyceride level.