from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. So unusual as to be surprising; uncanny.
- n. An unusual or amazing person.
- n. A stranger.
- n. News.
- adv. To an excessive degree; remarkably.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Strange, weird.
- adv. Very.
- adj. Uncoordinated.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Unknown; strange, or foreign; unusual, or surprising; distant in manner; reserved.
- adv. In a high degree; to a great extent; greatly; very.
- n. A strange thing or person.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Unknown; strange; unusual. (Child's Ballads, II. 342).
- n. Anything strange or prodigious.
- n. A strange person; a stranger.
- Wonderfully; remarkably; very: as, unco glad; unco guid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. to a remarkable degree or extent
There scores on scores of things, many of them unco, that is uncouth, the first meaning of which is unknown, to his eyes, stood huddled together in the dim light.
N.B. Toddy cheap an 'unco' gude if 'tis his ain mackin.
Makes us all either schizo or pathetic unco-operative ego junkies!
Since taking on responsibility for the legacy in the wake of criticism that it was unfocused and unco-ordinated, Ford and OPLC chief executive Andrew Altman have addressed complaints that local people would not benefit from the planned new housing, and sought to leave a sporting heritage in the park.
So annually I dig them out and try to reinsert them in the annoyingly unco-operative memory.
Remeber that this current school board has worked with the two above and know how unco-operative they are as they have not been forthright in giving the information they have asked for and answeres to questions and have put this current school board in a bad postion one to many times and trying to make it look like the current school boards fault.
Scientists at Pirbright found their cows were unco-operative with attempts to poison them with cattle feed cakes containing infections or ground glass dropped from the air.
When we study language, we are unco vering in part what makes us human, getting a peek at the very nature of human nature.
Ever since he's been dodging bricks, stones, and rotten tomatoes from the unco guid.
As long ago as the early 1990s, drum'n'bass – another theoretically unco-optable sound from a previous generation – was crossing over, with tracks like Baby D's shuffling "Let Me Be Your Fantasy", a model of sorts for Magnetic Man feat.