from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. The wooden, aluminium or PVC etc. framework around a window

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. the frame of a window which receives and holds the sashes or casement.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. The frame of a window, which receives and holds the sashes.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. the framework that supports a window


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.