from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A fragrant perennial herb (Galium odoratum) native to Eurasia and North Africa and widely cultivated as a shade ground cover, having small white flowers and narrow leaves used for flavoring wine and in sachets. Also called sweet woodruff.
- n. Any of various plants of the genus Asperula, having whorled leaves and small funnel-shaped flowers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Galium odoratum, an aromatic herb.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A little European herb (Asperula odorata) having a pleasant taste. It is sometimes used for flavoring wine. See Illust. of whorl.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A rubiaceous herb, Asperula odorata, of Europe and Asiatic Russia, more fully named sweet woodruff.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any plant of the genus Asperula
- n. Old World fragrant stoloniferous perennial having small white flowers and narrow leaves used as flavoring and in sachets; widely cultivated as a ground cover; in some classifications placed in genus Asperula
Its bricks are made from recycled waste, and it has bike parking, bike showers, high-performance windows, and three green roofs planted with golden stonecrop, sweet woodruff, Allegheny foamflower and Solomon's seal.
Moriarty and McNamara grow the fragrant herb sweet woodruff, after which they named their restaurant.
You can see some sweet woodruff in the background, next to a hydrangea 'Tardiva.'
A great little shade-loving groundcover is sweet woodruff, or Galium odoratum.
Not because he told me not to, but I liked being able to smell him on my skin, that musky woodruff and spice flavor.
Chief among these is woodruff, but lady's bedstraw is a more accessible plant, common in many hedgerows.
Other herbs used for sleep sachets include lavender, chamomile woodruff, and lemon balm.
While not as rampant a spreader as Herman's Pride, sweet woodruff can be annoying.
Also no offense to the two very creative gentlemen Tom woodruff and alec gillis, But this is not for them either, The alien lost its look its size and movement Just not the same as Stan or H. R.Giger.
Top fermented, it's often drunk mit Grün (with green or woodruff syrup), or with a dash (mit Schuss) of raspberry (Himbeeren) syrup.