from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. At the rate of; per.
- n. The symbol used as a separator between a username and a domain name in an e-mail address ("at" the domain name).
- n. The most common choice of configurable prefix symbol to identify a channel operator.
- n. Prepended to the name of the user to whom a remark is addressed.
- prep. at a rate of (so much each)
- prep. at (any sense)
- prep. Replacing the sounding /æt/ on any word that has this pronunciation or similar.
A cursive variation of ᾱ or ᾱᾱ, the abbreviation of Greek ανα (ana) used in recipes and prescriptions with the meaning "of each", and later extended to accounting. (Other explanations have that it is ā, an abbreviation of Latin ad ("to"), or French à ("to").) (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.