American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A country of southeast Europe on the Black Sea. Settled in the 6th century A.D. by Slavs, it was subject to the Ottoman Empire from the late 14th century until 1908, when it became an independent kingdom. The Soviet Union invaded in 1944 and established the People's Republic of Bulgaria in 1947. Communist rule came to an end in 1989, and a democratic constitution was established in 1991. Sofia is the capital and the largest city. Population: 7,320,000.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of discomycetous fungi having rather large, dark-colored gelatinous ascomata which are hard and horny when dry. The spores are simple and brown. B. polymorpha is a common species occurring on oaks and said to cause their decay and death.
- n. A country in Southeastern Europe. Official name: Republic of Bulgaria.
- n. a republic in the eastern part of the Balkan Peninsula in southeastern Europe
- Bulgar + -ia, from the Middle Latin, in English used from the 16th century. (Wiktionary)
“Sidenote: For the most part the style in Bulgaria is very good, except for use of zippers in more areas than just the crotch on pants.”
“I see by my Skype contact list that a buddy from the Lonely Planet Thorntree, living in Bulgaria, is on line with Skype right now.”
“Fortunate are the students in Bulgaria, where only round 10% of time is lost, compared to, say, Brazil, where up to a third of the lesson is frittered away.”
“Born in Bulgaria, Iliya Troyanov has lived in Germany, Kenya, India, and”
“Production plans are to start shooting in Bulgaria next February.”
“Originally published a few years ago in Bulgaria, the book's emphasis is on life after the changes, and how "democracy" (such as it is) and freedom don't equate to happiness and prosperity.”
“But the hard truth for Romania and Bulgaria is that the EU is, on balance, a good deal.”
“Maybe it's that I'm teaching here and seeing/hearing about things in Bulgaria, but I def. don't have the "Oh, students just want to learn, you must inspire them and show them how reading is really valuable" naive attitude.”
“Bulgaria: [...] the first LGBT Pride event to be held in Bulgaria was organized in Sofia by Gemini, a Bulgarian organization working for the rights of LGBT people.”
“Step 2 = Bung a few quid to the Bulgarian authorities to fit up said scumbags (in Bulgaria) with their favourite crimes.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Bulgaria’.
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
Looking for tweets for Bulgaria.