American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- abbr. demand draft
- abbr. dishonorable discharge
- abbr. Latin Divinitatis Doctor (Doctor of Divinity)
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An abbreviation of days' date (days after date) used in commercial writings: as, to make out a bill payable 30 d/d (30 days after date).
- n. An abbreviation of Doctor of Dental Surgery, a degree conferred upon the graduates of a dental college.
- n. informal A Roman numeral representing thousand (1000).
- developmentally disabled
- designated driver
- Discharged Dead - official designation of a sailor killed in combat
- Dual Diagnosis
- Demand Draft
- Deficit Disorder
- abbr. US, navy destroyer, a type of warship
- abbr. a bra size
- abbr. Internet direct download
- n. a doctor's degree in religion
“UCMJ offenses for which a DD is authorized are the more serious ones, easily on par with civilian felonies.”
“But doggy diarrhea (let's call it DD from now on) can be a totally different story, depending on what you're dealing with.”
“Peranteau WH, Heaton TE, Gu YC, Volk SW, Bauer TR, Alcorn K, Tuschong LM, Johnson MP, Hickstein DD, Flake AW. Haploidentical in utero hematopoietic cell transplantation improves phenotype and can induce tolerance for postnatal same-donor transplants in the canine leukocyte adhesion deficiency.”
“DD is one of my favorite books and now I'm worried it'll go to crap.”
“This way I can do it more leisurely (DD is sleeping), and I have PLENTY of time to remember stuff.”
“FWIW, both my children “sleep through the night” now, and have from right around 2 1/4 yrs on (DD is 5, DS is nearly 2 1/2), and I never used the cry it out method in any variation.”
“More and more evidence that DD is the fringiest of fringe positions and mainstream americans will vote against in droves with great reliability.”
“A person with a DD is treated the same as a felon.”
“DD is a near future (2043) police procedural mystery set in and around Calgary.”
“DD is my small effort to pose that question -- while having a lot of fun with car chases, kidnappings, guns and explosions, good and evil, genetics, computer hacking and, did I mention, cyborgs, cannibals and the grammar police?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘DD’.
I'm terrible with jokes - maybe a list of punch lines will help.
to get to the oth..., consider a spheri..., professional cour..., because 31 Oct = ..., The Aristocrats, a newspaper, one to fill the b..., because 7 8 9, to go to a poultr..., it's a hickory da..., he said it was si..., a cereal killer and 151 more...
Signs like ;-) are excluded as they wouldn't appear as Wordnik items anyway
Looking for tweets for DD.