from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the family Orchidaceae — a genus of orchids.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. any orchid of the genus Disa, a genus of beautiful orchids with dark green leaves and usually hooded flowers; -- they are much prized as emblematic flowers in their native regions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large genus of terrestrial orchids, mostly native to tropical and south Africa, characterized by free sepals, the upper sepal galeate and spurred, the petals small and joined to the column.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a combat support agency in the Department of Defense responsible for developing and operating and supporting information systems to serve the needs of the President and the Secretary of Defense and the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- n. any orchid of the genus Disa; beautiful orchids with dark green leaves and usually hooded flowers; much prized as emblematic flowers in their native regions
After Disa, a heroine of Swedish mythology. (Wiktionary)