from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology The Muse of lyric poetry and mime.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The Muse of lyric poetry, particularly of love and eroticism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The Muse who presided over lyric and amatory poetry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Gr. mythology, one of the Muses.
- n. [NL.] In zoology, a genus of cowries, of the family Cypræidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Greek mythology) the Muse of lyric and love poetry
Greek Eratō, from erasthai, to love.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From the Ancient Greek meaning lovely. (Wiktionary)