from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology The Muse of comedy and pastoral poetry.
- n. Greek Mythology One of the three Graces.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The muse of comedy and idyllic poetry.
- proper n. One of the three Graces.
- proper n. A female given name.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That one of the nine Muses who presided over comedy.
- n. One of the three Graces.
- n. One of the Nereids.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Greek myth, the joyful Muse, to whom is due the bloom of life.
- n. The twenty-third planetoid, discovered by Hind in London in 1852.
- n. In zoology: A genus of salps, giving name to the Thaliæ or Thaliacea: same as Salpa, 1.
- n. A genus of coleopterous insects.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Greek mythology) the Muse of comedy and pastoral poetry
- n. (Greek mythology) one of the three Graces
From Ancient Greek Θαλία. (Wiktionary)